Making it Easy
Image Offset offers several options for you to provide your own designs including...
• High resolution PDF
• Hard copy to be scanned
• Electronic File you have created
or we can design for you.
When supplying electronic artwork...We prefer files supplied in:
• PDF x1A: 2001 with 3mm bleed and crop marks
• PhotoShop tiff
Files supplied in originator programs will be assessed on a job by job basis - we are happy to give you some advice. If your artwork is in Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Word, Corel Draw, Word Perfect, Microsoft Power Point or Microsoft Excel our staff would be pleased to advise you of available options.
We accept...Electronic Files supplied on CD, USB drive or small files (<7Mb) emailed to us. We also can dowload from your FTP site if a larger file has been created.
Technical Help documents
Bleed, Text Safe Margin, Crop Marks
- example of business card
1) JPG (jpeg) images should be avoided because detail is lost in this format. If there is no alternative, save the image with the least compression possible.
2) Laser, Bubble and Inkjet printers cannot duplicate the printing process used by Image Offset therefore colour hardcopy proofs provided can only be used as a general guide.
3) Computer monitors produce images using Red, Green and Blue (RGB) dots, we print using Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black dots, therefore the colours you see on your monitor should only be used as a guide. (The brightness and contrast controls on your monitor can also affect how colours look on screen). Do not rely on your computer monitor to determine how colours will look printed. We can provide colour proofs for you to check.
4) IBMs use Truetype Fonts (.ttf), while Macintosh use postscript fonts. Fonts can be converted, however sometimes they do not print properly, therefore Image Offset may need to substitute fonts. A hard copy print out of your file from your system will aid us in reproducing to your satisfaction. You will be notified prior to printing if this is the case.
5) Avoid embedding images into documents, they cannot be edited if required. Supply all pictures used in your document separately with the file.
We are here to help...
Always talk with our staff before supplying artwork as often potential problems can be avoided, thus saving valuable time. Or ask our expert staff about doing your design for you.